Today was consumed by processing of materials and development of the composition. So there are not so many active ‘goings on’ to report.
However, I did manage to sketch out the whole form of the first piece. With a clear (at least it is clear to me) beginning, middle and end (though I think it needs more work to fully polish and emphasise it).
I decided to end with the mill pond on the river ‘Akerselva’, directly outside the windows of NOTAM (photo above).
If you get a chance, let me know what you think about the piece.
There is still more work to be done. I have a few notes of areas to develop and will hopefully discover a few more ideas in my sleep, but if you have any comments I’d love to hear them.
Detailed Compositional Thoughts / Reflections
- Find and insert more ‘guitar edit’ recordings.
- Develop / delete ending.
- Edit and isolate ‘swishing dishwasher powder’. Develop this more.
- Develop squeaky door sounds: transposition and stretch.
- Develop dishwasher plates and clinks more?
- Play and record corridor resonance.
- Move back second guitar edits so as to cover the keyboard crossfade.